EEIP Hannover Fair Panel Discussion
Date: 24 April 2012 Time: 15:00-17:30
Venue: Hannover Fair, Conference Area hall 2, room EUROPA
'EEIPFin Energy Efficiency Roundtable' is a free event aiming to substantiate discussion on energy efficiency and financing. EEIPFin panel will include a CEO of Siemens Financial Services, the European Parliament, The German Federal Ministry of Finance (BMF), European Commission and representatives from the financial sector and industry (including from China - Hannover Fair 2012 partnering country).
Audience will include representation of European businesses, private and public financial professionals, media and government agencies. Participants to the previous EEIPFin roundtable (Nov 2011) included: Siemens, Confederation of Danish Industries, Dalkia, Danfoss, Johnson Controls, EnergiMidt, European Commission, European Parliament, Danish Permanent Representation, European Investment Bank (EIB), European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), SUSI Partners, KfW, Danish Export Credit Agency (EKF), Commerzbank, Hudson Clean Energy, Thomas Industrial Media and DENEFF. Conclusions of this meeting are available here.
The event will be followed by drinks reception launching 'Energy Efficiency: Business & Industry' magazine, hosted by Thomas Industrial Media and EEIP.
RECOMMENDATIONS BY EEIP FINANCE ROUNDTABLE, BRUSSELS, NOV 2011
Awareness: of existing good practices
Customer orientation: integrating financing into a one-stop shop for business
Financial mechanisms: energy efficiency as an asset class
15.00 Welcome, Rod Janssen, Chairman of EEIP Finance
15.15 Keynote speech and opening statements by the panelists
• Roland W. Chalons-Browne, CEO, Siemens Financial Services
• A Member of the European Parliament, (EU Energy Efficiency Directive)
• Georgios Lemonidis, DG Enterprise and Industry, The European Commission
• The German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU) (in cooperation with DENEFF)
• Manuel Dueñas, Deputy Head of Division, Climate Change & Environment (NPST), European Investment Bank (EIB)
• Jonathan Maxwell, CEO, Sustainable Development Capital LLP
• Simone Loefgen, Business Development, Commerz Bank
• Chinese business in cooperation with Hannover Fairs China (Shanghai)
16.00 Panel discussion (including questions from audience)
• Good pracitices in and outside Europe (i.e. China).
• Simplifying access to capital (in particular for SMEs).
• How to create the market for institutional investors.
• “Investment grade policy” - Can we learn from the EU policy infrastructure package.
17.00 Closing Round Statements: What is the burning issue to channel more capital into industrial energy efficiency.
17.30 Drinks reception – launching “Energy Efficiency: Business & Industry” magazine, hosted by Thomas Industrial Media and EEIP.
Energy Efficiency in Industrial Processes (EEIP), is a independent not-for-profit platform for business and policy in Europe. EEIP facilitates an open exchange of views on the EU energy efficiency policies. EEIP works across industries and is technology neutral. The goal of EEIP is EU energy efficiency policy which ensures industrial competitiveness, sustainability and reduces impact on the environment. EEIP work on financing is co-ordinated by EEIP Finance Consortium (EEIPFin) and chaired by Mr Rod Janssen.
IMPORTANT: Hannover Fair Free Ticket
The confirmation email after finishing registration will include an e-ticket link from the Hannover Fair.
How to get your ticket?
1. click on link (directs you to Hannover Fair ticket activation page)
2. click on "next" on first page
3. you need to register an account at Hannover Fair incl your email
4. the ticket will be send to your mail adress
5. PRINT the ticket to be shown at the entrance of the Hannover Fairversion